[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
View topic - Spam-tastic! • Inuyasha - Karma Forum

Spam-tastic!

Because we like to say things loudly.

Spam-tastic!

Postby Chrystal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 am

I'm not dead. No really, I'm not. <_<

I may... or may not have forgotten my pw. Or perhaps I was database hacked.... but let's just go with me forgetting. I managed to reset it. I have no idea how there was a spammer post and they didn't even have an account.

I need to do something about registering. I had about 500 spam emails to "approve" members, which of course is spam. T_T Sigh. So, I have to complete deactive new accounts to be resigstered until I find a solution.

IF THERE'S ANYONE FLOATING OUT THERE, who would like to join (and is not a spammer bot). Hit me an email and I'll set one up for you. Until I can fix it to do it all automatically again.

Sighhhh. Hope everyone had a grand new year/holiday.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spam-tastic!

Postby Alex » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:15 am

That's a shame you had problems logging in. I hope it wasn't anything serious.

I think what had happened with the spam poster was that it registered, posted, and then you deleted its post. I could be wrong, but I do remember seeing the post still floating around the forum after you deleted the actual user. So maybe it was just overlooked?
I think I "reported" the post via the report button, so I don't know if you got it in your ACP somewhere or not. I figured it was better than PM'ing you about it and wasting space/time replying there. *shrug*

I'm honestly baffled at why phpBB has so many problems with spammers and botters. I would assume being a big type of forum script option, that they'd have a structured method of dealing with botters and spammers. I'm guessing you can't find a decent mod on their official site/boards about it though? I would've assumed they would have a few options. Unless they're the mods you may already have that don't seem to work. >_>;

Honestly, I don't see a problem with admin approvals for accounts (having it off completely). It is a bit more annoying, but at least it stops botters and spammers from registering. If people find their way here and really want to post, I think they'll find and contact you somehow. Maybe just make an apparent note on your site about it? *shrug*
Alex

Here's Lookin' Out

Postby Alex » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Alex

Return to Announcements