Post-Topic Titles

Because we like to say things loudly.

Post-Topic Titles

Postby Chrystal » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:51 am

So, from what I can tell I can't edit exactly how many characters you can use for Post Topic Titles. I really don't want to, but until I can't figure out how to edit the forum post thing on the main website.

So if you do something like this:

Topic: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII@@@@@@@111

It's going to move the whole Latest Forum posts sections off the grid. I'm trying to figure out how to write in PHP to make the title just do this: "HIIIIII...", but since I fail at programming I'm having a hard time.

So...Just try and keep topic titles short and sweet for now. Thanks @_@

^^ Forget it. Fixed code. Make titles as long as you please.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Post-Topic Titles

Postby Alex » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:28 am

Hmm, well I can't say I remember how the ACP in phpBB forums are since it's been a while, but here's something I've been scrounging around that may be beneficial to you:

For the prosilver template:

Also, this one more specifically might help with this particular Avalon Blue template. It's the first post and the second one, so read both:
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 am

Alex wrote:Hmm, well I can't say I remember how the ACP in phpBB forums are since it's been a while, but here's something I've been scrounging around that may be beneficial to you:

For the prosilver template:

Also, this one more specifically might help with this particular Avalon Blue template. It's the first post and the second one, so read both:

Editing the templates to do it will be a last ditch effort. I'd really like to fix the coding on the website. Cause, I really don't care how long the forum titles are (its not like its stretches out forever). It's just that it messes up the site tables.

I asked Lettuce for help on my php issue and they gave me a random code to try. Hopefully it does the trick. -tries that tomorrow-
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:34 am

I fixed code on website. So make your titles as long as you want.

-shall delete this topic later-
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:23 am

Congrats! I didn't know Lettuce knew information regarding any kind of coding. lol
I'm glad you found a way to keep it from breaking the tables though. I just thought I'd throw some alternate routes in case you couldn't find a way to do it how you wanted. =]
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:34 am

Alex wrote:Congrats! I didn't know Lettuce knew information regarding any kind of coding. lol
I'm glad you found a way to keep it from breaking the tables though. I just thought I'd throw some alternate routes in case you couldn't find a way to do it how you wanted. =]

Yep! They work for a college and make programs for their website. Lettuce is so php-code-snazzy. I had to fight for them to help, but they gave in. Muhaha.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:10 am

Chrystal wrote:Yep! They work for a college and make programs for their website. Lettuce is so php-code-snazzy. I had to fight for them to help, but they gave in. Muhaha.

Last time I spoke to her, she said she thought you were ignoring her since she's always so random. But I'm glad you two found something to bring your convos on AIM more... tolerable? lol :P
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:16 am

Alex wrote:Last time I spoke to her, she said she thought you were ignoring her since she's always so random. But I'm glad you two found something to bring your convos on AIM more... tolerable? lol :P

All they ever do is make me f3 at their comments. Our convos go like this:

lettuce: YOU A COUGAR

me: f3

lettuce: LOOK AT THIS PIX OF A COUGAR. REMINDS ME OF YOU.

lettuce: y never f2?

ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:24 am

Chrystal wrote:All they ever do is make me f3 at their comments. Our convos go like this:

lettuce: YOU A COUGAR

lettuce: LOOK AT THIS PIX OF A COUGAR. REMINDS ME OF YOU.

lettuce: y never f2?

Lol. Like that one time where I was the poor sap who got mixed in the crossfire of "why won't she get AIM/why won't she get WLM". That was hilarious, but so annoying too to have to be the guy in the middle. lol ._.
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:26 am

Alex wrote:Lol. Like that one time where I was the poor sap who got mixed in the crossfire of "why won't she get AIM/why won't she get WLM". That was hilarious, but so annoying too to have to be the guy in the middle. lol ._.

Least I won that battle.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements