Suggestion Ramblings

I suggest, you suggest something.
(For IYK site and forum...Don't suggest me a new hairstyle).

Suggestion Ramblings

Postby Alex » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:26 am

So I'm just throwing this out there here since you don't seem to have a Suggestions forum anymore like the previous forum, and I wasn't really sure if you'd find it more suitable for the Q&A area. If so though, feel free to move it to its correct location. =o

But anywho, just a suggestion that sort of picked at me: Would you be able to allow more than 6 KB for avatars? I guess I'm just asking since the majority of the ones I wanted to upload and use were a bit more than what's allowed. Not sure if you just didn't get around to it or if you wanted it that way purposely, but from what I've noticed, most decent avatars are anywhere from like, 8 ~ 25 KB in size, and not all are always in JPG format for color or otherwise graphic preferences. Also, not sure if you want to allow animation for avatars, but if so, most usually run around 30 ~ 50 KB area for those.

Again, this is just a thought and suggestion. Welcome to do however you like with it. I'd definately be a bit more strict with signatures though. People tend to abuse what they put on there a lot more than anything else. Especially when it comes to size and breaking the tables, etc. ^_^
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Re: Suggestion Ramblings

Postby Chrystal » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:27 pm

It's the default setting in terms of kb size. I think originally the avatar size was 60x60, but I changed it to 100x100. So it prob. does need to be upped slightly.

Anyway i'll look at it later.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion Ramblings

Postby Alex » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Chrystal wrote:It's the default setting in terms of kb size. I think originally the avatar size was 60x60, but I changed it to 100x100. So it prob. does need to be upped slightly.

Anyway i'll look at it later.

Coolness, I figured that's probably what the case was, but I just wanted to be sure. Didn't know if you just maybe wanted to downsize on what people could upload for some reason. ^_^

Sorries if it sounded like a demand, just thought I'd point it out in case you weren't aware.
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Return to Suggestion Box