The original anime could have been better.

Got a bone to pick with the series? Characters? Relationships? Ramble aimlessly (politely) here.

The original anime could have been better.

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:15 am

There I said it. If it was more compact and followed the manga more faithfully but also condensing all that story into a tight series it could have been so much better. I know they could have done it. If they had waited. But for whatever reason I suppose they decided to follow the manga ('cept fillers 'o course) but throw in some fillers and cover every single plot and subplot they must have decided not to continue the way they were since it would take too long and decided to just stop? I just think it's silly. Am I doing it right?
david-kun

Re: The original anime could have been better.

Postby Chrystal » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:05 pm

david-kun wrote:There I said it. If it was more compact and followed the manga more faithfully but also condensing all that story into a tight series it could have been so much better. I know they could have done it. If they had waited. But for whatever reason I suppose they decided to follow the manga ('cept fillers 'o course) but throw in some fillers and cover every single plot and subplot they must have decided not to continue the way they were since it would take too long and decided to just stop? I just think it's silly. Am I doing it right?

I think at the time when the anime was being made the manga wasn't too far, but I'm not 100% on that. Could be why. Tends to happen that way I suppose. It catches up with manga and they have no idea what to do except make random episodes about cows or cancel it.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Chrystal wrote:I think at the time when the anime was being made the manga wasn't too far, but I'm not 100% on that. Could be why. Tends to happen that way I suppose. It catches up with manga and they have no idea what to do except make random episodes about cows or cancel it.

Well, I would have preferred to wait over seeing fillers. I don't hate them. I just don't care for something other than what Takahashi intended. I'm pro-canon.
david-kun

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:48 am

'Tis why I also think while the original series was amazing, The Final Act was EPIC. They finally did away with fillers, and I personally don't find any of the 26 episodes to be out of place, unimportant, or unnecessary.

I can only hope that with David Kaye and Monica Stori gone, that they can make it real close and just as good with the new voice-overs.
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:17 am

david-kun wrote:
Well, I would have preferred to wait over seeing fillers. I don't hate them. I just don't care for something other than what Takahashi intended. I'm pro-canon.

I can agree but that's how series start up though I imagine. A new hot manga comes out and they want to start making an anime for it right away.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:01 am

Chrystal wrote:I can agree but that's how series start up though I imagine. A new hot manga comes out and they want to start making an anime for it right away.

By very definition impatient if you ask me. No sense crying over spilled milk though.. *quietly sobs*
david-kun

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:53 am

david-kun wrote:By very definition impatient if you ask me. No sense crying over spilled milk though.. *quietly sobs*

It's all about profit.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Chrystal wrote:It's all about profit.

Sound familiar?? :evil:
david-kun

Postby windscar94 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:48 am

idk....i love all the inu "fillers". i personally call them "progression episodes" because if you really take the time to watch it they provide to the main story to give a
cupcakes!
windscar94

Postby Chrystal » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:53 am

windscar94 wrote:idk....i love all the inu "fillers". i personally call them "progression episodes" because if you really take the time to watch it they provide to the main story to give a

Yeah, you could look at it like that. It's not like everyday of their life was action packed against their enemies. People have lots of days where they have down time to do nothing.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to InuYasha Politics