Do you think you'll keep watching anime, even in your 50s+?

All Polls Here. Those things where you get votes and sometimes gets recounted because it makes elections more exciting.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 4

Postby Chrystal » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 pm

I have a feeling I'll still be gaming/anime watching, but I suppose it's hard to say. Anime has so many genres though. If I have kids, I'm sure I'll certainly embarrass them unless it suddenly becomes an everyday common thing for people. Truly, there really isn't an age cap to anything. It's just something you like or don't like.

Seems like people either really love it or really hate it. I can tell you the friends I had in high school didn't like it at all. But they lovers me anyway. lol
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do you think you'll keep watching anime, even in your 50

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:20 am

I voted yes, only because I think it's more of a personality/liking rather than an age thing. You can pretty much like anything, regardless of what audience it's geared toward. It just depends on if it means something to you I suppose.

I like animé personally because they usually have a lot more meaning to their storylines than regular American shows or cartoons.
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Alex wrote:I like animé personally because they usually have a lot more meaning to their storylines than regular American shows or cartoons.

This is true and idk, I tend to hate any drawn cartoon that doesn't have the usual characteristics that most anime's do. Not sure why lol.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby windscar94 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 pm

heck, I think ill still be watching Inu when im 50+
cupcakes!
windscar94

Postby Chrystal » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:00 am

windscar94 wrote:heck, I think ill still be watching Inu when im 50+

I'll prob still re-watch my fav animes when I'm 50+. ::hugs various box sets::
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:15 am

Chrystal wrote:This is true and idk, I tend to hate any drawn cartoon that doesn't have the usual characteristics that most anime's do. Not sure why lol.

I tend to be the same way usually, unless I find the storyline/meaning to the American cartoons worthwhile. I tend to lean towards the older shows on Nickelodeon, such as Hey Arnold!, Doug, Rugrats, etc. Even though they were drawn weirdly, they had a unique message in their episodes, so that's what kept me watching them. Of course, it didn't hurt either that I was a lot younger back then and didn't really care about the art of the animation. lol

I think animé just shows a lot more realistic features in their drawings than any other type of animation (maybe aside from Disney and the like?) Japanese have a keen eye for detail most of the time, and they usually want things to look as close to real-life as possible.
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Alex wrote:I think animé just shows a lot more realistic features in their drawings than any other type of animation (maybe aside from Disney and the like?) Japanese have a keen eye for detail most of the time, and they usually want things to look as close to real-life as possible.

I've always certainly loved how anime eyes are usually drawn and their surroundings. Big, beautiful and sometimes shiny.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:52 am

Yeah, I agree really. I've always admired how facial expressions were drawn in animés compared to others, especially their eyes and hair mostly I guess.
Alex

Postby Gina » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:44 pm

I think it's a possibility I'll still be watching anime, but things change, interests change, people grow out of things as priorities shift with age. I've certainly grown out of things I used to enjoy even when I was a teenager. Also, I'm sure I won't have a lot of time to sit down and watch tv/anime when I'm working full time and have kids, a husband, house, bills, etc, so I'm sure there will be a long period of time where I won't watch anime, and perhaps I'll never go back... not because I suddenly dislike it, but because I've grown out of it, and spend my free time doing other things.
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Gina wrote:I think it's a possibility I'll still be watching anime, but things change, interests change, people grow out of things as priorities shift with age. I've certainly grown out of things I used to enjoy even when I was a teenager. Also, I'm sure I won't have a lot of time to sit down and watch tv/anime when I'm working full time and have kids, a husband, house, bills, etc, so I'm sure there will be a long period of time where I won't watch anime, and perhaps I'll never go back... not because I suddenly dislike it, but because I've grown out of it, and spend my free time doing other things.

Thank goodness I shall always be there, forcing you everyday to watch Naruto. Look forward to that. For the rest of your life.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Polls