Because Final Fantasy

Computer, video, table top. Personally, I consider certain areas of gaming to be the ultimate admission of nerdiness. HOW BRAVE ARE YOU?

Because Final Fantasy

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:39 am

My favorite game series so far ever.

And Alex, if you're reading this I challenge your love for 10 and raise you 9. because. it. is. the best.
david-kun

Re: Because Final Fantasy

Postby Gina » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:13 pm

david-kun wrote:My favorite game series so far ever.

And Alex, if you're reading this I challenge your love for 10 and raise you 9. because. it. is. the best.

I second that.
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:16 pm

david-kun wrote:My favorite game series so far ever.

I enjoys FF, though I've been disappointed recently in the story. Graphics are always amazing though.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Chrystal wrote:I enjoys FF, though I've been disappointed recently in the story. Graphics are always amazing though.

You obviously have been playing 12+. You're doing it wrong. Start from 1 then go from there and tell me if you like it again. But don't place too much emphasis on graphics or you won't be able to appreciate how good their stories are.

Many people will say 6 is the best, some 7, and some 9. Those three I think had the biggest impact. Of those three my preference is this: 9, 7, 6. 6 was a classic fantasy adventure featuring magic spells and mad crazy villains bent on twisting the world to their evil designs. 7 was a industrial sci-fi type of game. Very well done, first FF title to be for the PlayStation and first Final Fantasy I picked up actually. I played the earlier ones afterwards. Then 9 which I fell in love with, not unlike Alex's awesome fetish for 10. After 7 and 8 set the stage for a more advanced/modern technological take for the series 9 came back to the fantasy roots of the series where technology was merely steam powered air and sea craft and mail was still delivered by moogle. Either way you won't be disappointed.

However if you have tried any of the above then disregard. But if you haven't you owe yourself to play at least one of those. So if not start early. Power through from the beginning. It is worth it. Not all at once but over time. Very satisfying when you complete them all.
david-kun

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 am

I think FFX will always be my favorite Final Fantasy game. I just fell in love with everything about it. The characters' personalities, the two seperate storylines of the two main characters, and just everything fantasy-related about it. Yuna is my favorite.

0-0!
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:52 am

david-kun wrote:You obviously have been playing 12+. You're doing it wrong.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH XII?!?! Final Fantasy XII is GOOD!! ;-;
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:53 am

david-kun wrote:However if you have tried any of the above then disregard. But if you haven't you owe yourself to play at least one of those. So if not start early. Power through from the beginning. It is worth it. Not all at once but over time. Very satisfying when you complete them all.

I have played some of the earlier ones, which yes, their stories are better.

And Yes, I'm commenting on the shitty stories that's been going on for the latest ones which are disheartening.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:11 am

Chrystal wrote:And Yes, I'm commenting on the shitty stories that's been going on for the latest ones which are disheartening.

I heard XI/XIII are really bad with storyline. I don't know how you feel about XII, but I found it really just as well on its own.

I think they're making/out with a XIV already? It amazes me how swiftly they're coming out with them. They should take their time more and make better storylines. ~-~
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:27 am

Alex wrote: I don't know how you feel about XII, but I found it really just as well on its own.

I liked it well enough. Had fun playing w/Issac back when he lived separately from me. I'll never forget the scary horse that chased me which caused me to almost lose everything we didn't save yet -_-
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:42 am

*coughninesstillthebestcough*
david-kun

Next

Return to Games