White Chocolate Mocha

Okay. I guess it's alright to like things besides anime. Maybe. You might get kicked off the forum. Maybe

Re: White Chocolate Mocha

Postby Gina » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Alex wrote:
Chrystal wrote:You use a machine to steam milk and grind beans, which your using your own judgment of how much and how long. By steaming it yourself you can make it frothy or adding more heat.

The kind your talking about from work is pre-mixed. It's like buying something prepackaged compared to making it yourself.

I know, I know... but what chain doesn't use machines and grinds beans/steams milk to your liking? None that I know of. I think even Starbucks is all prepackaged, and I usually love their teas. =\

Okay. So I think you're misunderstanding what Chrystal is saying. You have to use machines to grind coffee and steam milk. A coffee grinder chops the beans into a fine powder, and the milk steamer heats and froths the milk. The machine your work uses (I'm assuming) is like the walgreens machines, in which nothing is mixed, nothing is ground, you can't fine tune how much milk to espresso to sugar you're putting in. It just spits out one liquid all together made with who knows what plus tons of preservatives. At coffee shops like Starbucks they grind their beans, run it through a pot to make the coffee, steam the milk separately and add it together in proportions they've either set or proportions you ask for. It's like at home - I heat my milk in the microwave, beat it with a wisk to make it frothy, and pour in my coffee I've made from Dunkin' Donuts beans. It's delicious, and tastes vastly different from a walgreens Irish cream coffee or whatever automatic machine they have. It's like buying one of those prepackaged Naked juice smoothies over making your own. Making your own just tastes so much better because it's fresh and you know what exactly is going in it and what proportions you're using. While you may not be making it at places like Starbucks, they're still making it from scratch, with fresh ingredients, and if you ask them they can do it exactly how you want it. Plus, quality of beans really varies. In reality, the quality of Starbucks beans is pretty poor. I still like their coffee, but I like coffee made with better beans much more. No doubt the premixed coffee machines use pretty terrible beans.
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:34 am

Gina wrote:Plus, quality of beans really varies. In reality, the quality of Starbucks beans is pretty poor. I still like their coffee, but I like coffee made with better beans much more. No doubt the premixed coffee machines use pretty terrible beans.

Yesh, comparing to local coffee shops the beans can add a certain flavor to it. I really like this place called Wake of the Dead. The espresso they use is pretty nice. Then there's this other place called Mochas and Javas. Their espresso has such a distinct taste. I'm not that crazy for it, but I've drank it so much now since they are 3 mins away I'm used to it. T_T
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gina » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:52 am

Chrystal wrote:Yesh, comparing to local coffee shops the beans can add a certain flavor to it. I really like this place called Wake of the Dead. The espresso they use is pretty nice. Then there's this other place called Mochas and Javas. Their espresso has such a distinct taste. I'm not that crazy for it, but I've drank it so much now since they are 3 mins away I'm used to it. T_T

I love Dunkin' Donuts coffee, although I know their beans probably aren't the best. Their french vanilla coffee is so delicious. It almost smells like chocolate to me.
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:25 am

Gina wrote:I love Dunkin' Donuts coffee, although I know their beans probably aren't the best. Their french vanilla coffee is so delicious. It almost smells like chocolate to me.

So do you agree that, America Runs on Dunkin'?
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gina » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Chrystal wrote:So do you agree that, America Runs on Dunkin'?

Well, Gina certainly runs on Dunkin'.
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:38 am

Gina wrote:
Well, Gina certainly runs on Dunkin'.

+1
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gina » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:55 am

Chrystal wrote:+1

Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Haha, I get what you're saying. I'm just trying to figure out how I can go about getting one. If I can find a small café vendor or something in the mall perhaps. *shrug*
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Gina » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:58 am

Alex wrote:Haha, I get what you're saying. I'm just trying to figure out how I can go about getting one. If I can find a small café vendor or something in the mall perhaps. *shrug*

Starbucks will do.
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Other Interests