Quote of the Day

I think my ramblings usually turn into rants. And vice versa. Misery loves company, folks!

Quote of the Day

Postby Gina » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:21 am

I'm a quote kind of person:

"History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction"

-Calvin and Hobbes
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quote of the Day

Postby Chrystal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:22 am

Gina wrote:I'm a quote kind of person:

"History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction"

-Calvin and Hobbes

Awe, man I miss my calvin and hobbes books. I think they are still in a box at my dad's house, if not stolen yet.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:43 am

Never heard that one before, though I haven't the slightest if it's just college material or not.

These are some of my favorite quotes below. They're literally taken from another forum I used to post at, but I figured I'd just all the same repost them here instead of slapping a link together.

"Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th."
—Julie Andrews

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
—Eleanor Roosevelt

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
—Voltaire

"The art challenges the technology, and the technology inspires the art."
—John Lasseter

"Everybody has talent, it's just a matter of moving around until you've discovered what it is."
—George Lucas

"There are many talented people who haven't fulfilled their dreams because they over thought it, or they were too cautious, and were unwilling to make the leap of faith."
—James Cameron

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
—William Shakespeare

"Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."
—Albert Einstein

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat."
—Mother Teresa

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
—Martin Luther King, Jr.

"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine."
—Thomas Jefferson
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 am

Alex wrote:Never heard that one before, though I haven't the slightest if it's just college material or not.

Calvin and Hobbes is a comic.

And random quote I like: "Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. It's my least favorite quality. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." ~Conan O'Brian

"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine."
—Thomas Jefferson

Meh likes.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:47 am

@Alex

Well done sir. Half the time I don't even remember the whole quote much less the author. Haha, and the Voltaire quote sounds like something Bill & Ted would say.
david-kun

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:26 am

david-kun wrote:@Alex

Well done sir. Half the time I don't even remember the whole quote much less the author. Haha, and the Voltaire quote sounds like something Bill & Ted would say.

Bill & Ted?
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby david-kun » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:37 am

Alex wrote:Bill & Ted?

Two very wise men. I'll show you the movie one day. You will know what I was talking about when you see it.
david-kun

Postby Gina » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:46 am

david-kun wrote:
Alex wrote:Bill & Ted?

Two very wise men. I'll show you the movie one day. You will know what I was talking about when you see it.

Most excellent, my man.
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:30 pm

*feels out of the loop* :[
Alex

Postby david-kun » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Alex wrote:*feels out of the loop* :[

Alex you will be in the loop--one day.
david-kun

Next

Return to Ramblings and Rants