Foundations Practical

I think my ramblings usually turn into rants. And vice versa. Misery loves company, folks!

Foundations Practical

Postby Gina » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:24 am

So this isn't so much a rant as it is me vocalizing my concerns about tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day of Foundations of Nursing Practice - a class on the basics of nursing care such as positioning, bathing, procedures ie cath insertion, feeding tube insertion, tracheostomy suctioning, IV preparation and insertion, injection, etc. We've gone over all these skills briefly in lab and tomorrow is my final competency, or as I liked to call it the lab "practical" in which we pick one of 8 skills out of a hat and have to perform it. I'm totally and irrationally petrified.

Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a bit.

Needless to say, I'm worried. It's scary. This is real nursing stuff, I'll be performing on a mannequin, but I'm going to be watched and points will be taken off if I forget something, do something wrong, break sterility, or what have you. I'm fairly confident I'll pass, but the irrational fear still lingers.

I haven't studied as much as a I could have, and I have no one to blame but myself. Maybe I'm afraid that I'll choke and mess up entirely and they'll take one look, at me, tell me I'm worthless and not fit to be a nurse.

Anyway, this time tomorrow it will be over and I'll no doubt be laughing at how nervous I was.
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Foundations Practical

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:46 am

Honestly, there isn't much I could probably say to break your nerves—it's pretty normal for you to have them I'd assume. Sure maybe you could've studied more until your brain felt like it would have a meltdown, but in all honesty, if you feel like you know the material well enough, just have faith in that. Battling nerves is half the test whenever being, well... tested. lol

That being said, I think you'll do just fine. You're highly intelligent, and you always seem to have your cool. Just focus and don't rush, and I'm sure you'll work your magic. =]

Also, you can just do some normal things to prepare for tomorrow (i.e. getting a good night's sleep, having a really nutritional breakfast before you leave, etc., etc.)

Best of luck!!
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 am

You can do it lova. I BELIEVES IN YOU. Naruto believes it too.

And we shall celebrate by trying to beat that last boss in LBP. Yayyyy.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gina » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:13 pm

I passed lol. And of course I feel silly for worrying so much. Just glad it's over.
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Gina wrote:I passed lol. And of course I feel silly for worrying so much. Just glad it's over.

normal_vlcsnap-11306628.png.jpg
normal_vlcsnap-11306628.png.jpg (32.67 KiB) Viewed 5921 times
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:39 am

Gina wrote:I passed lol. And of course I feel silly for worrying so much. Just glad it's over.
Yay! I'm glad it went well! I knew you'd be okay. =]

@Chrystal's image: I bet you can imitate that thumbs up and sparkling smile ten fold in real life. lol
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:22 am

Alex wrote:@Chrystal's image: I bet you can imitate that thumbs up and sparkling smile ten fold in real life. lol

0-0!
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Ramblings and Rants