Portraits

Everything else artistic that catches your fancy or that you, delightful individual that you are, would like to share.

Portraits

Postby Gina » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:58 am

I've dabbled in a lot of media, but portrait drawing is probably my strongest area. I have a portfolio of stuff, but this is my favorite one I've done so far:
Attachments
PortraitChair.jpg
PortraitChair.jpg (77.53 KiB) Viewed 17403 times
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Portraits

Postby Chrystal » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:41 pm

I likes your drawings a lot. Mine are a bit bleh and only ones I have are of nude people. lol I wish I never had to stare at nudes for a whole semester. Least the guy looked nice...girl who ever shaved...not so much. :'(
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Ooh! He looks like some kind of handyman. I especially love his beard and facial features. Very well done! :]

Chrystal wrote:Mine are a bit bleh and only ones I have are of nude people. lol I wish I never had to stare at nudes for a whole semester.

I still find this hilarious. So I get that nudity is a form of art and such, but like, I'm guessing these were paid models that came in to your class to pose for you all? It amazes me how someone wouldn't mind being "stared at" by more than one person, one artist. *shivers*

Chrystal wrote:Least the guy looked nice...

I see how it is in your spare time! Issac be jealous. =p
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:30 am

Alex wrote:I still find this hilarious. So I get that nudity is a form of art and such, but like, I'm guessing these were paid models that came in to your class to pose for you all? It amazes me how someone wouldn't mind being "stared at" by more than one person, one artist. *shivers*

It's just being comfortable in your skin and not caring about what people think about it. It was weird at first, but then it just turns into the feeling of looking at something about as boring as a paint on a wall.

I see how it is in your spare time! Issac be jealous. =p

Compared to the unshaven girl, anything would look nicer.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Chrystal wrote:It's just being comfortable in your skin and not caring about what people think about it. It was weird at first, but then it just turns into the feeling of looking at something about as boring as a paint on a wall.

That's very true. I suppose long as one is mature enough about it, that's all that really matters. It wouldn't be boring for me exactly, since I find nudity a work of art, but I'm sort of weird like that. Nothing phases me much really.

Chrystal wrote:Compared to the unshaven girl, anything would look nicer.

LOL... eww. =x
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Return to Paints, Books, and Songs, Oh My!