My Unwilling Mate

Have a favorite FanFic? Write a Fanfic of your own? Want to start a random story as a topic? Please direct your attention here.

My Unwilling Mate

Postby Alex » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:52 am

So, I obviously didn't write this, but I read it awhile back (and just re-read it recently as well), and I have to admit that I love the way the author writes this story. Of course, it's not suited for younger audiences, but aside from that, the way she writes the dialogue is pretty superb to me. I really think she did a fantastic job in bringing all the characters to life, yet was well aware on how to keep them true to their personalities.

The story can be found here: My Unwilling Mate

I also used to speak to the author on a regular basis back in the day, but somehow or another we got seperated from contact, so I haven't been able to track down her new info, if she has any still/is reachable online anymore.
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Re: My Unwilling Mate

Postby Chrystal » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 am

Alex wrote:So, I obviously didn't write this, but I read it awhile back (and just re-read it recently as well), and I have to admit that I love the way the author writes this story. Of course, it's not suited for younger audiences, but aside from that, the way she writes the dialogue is pretty superb to me. I really think she did a fantastic job in bringing all the characters to life, yet was well aware on how to keep them true to their personalities.

The story can be found here: My Unwilling Mate

I also used to speak to the author on a regular basis back in the day, but somehow or another we got seperated from contact, so I haven't been able to track down her new info, if she has any still/is reachable online anymore.

I remember reading that from the title. Don't remember how it went since it was so long ago, but I know I liked it lol.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:20 am

Chrystal wrote:I remember reading that from the title. Don't remember how it went since it was so long ago, but I know I liked it lol.

Same here actually.. oddly. I remember right after 167 my relationship with the series was still (until final chapter) unrequited so I tended to pour over a lot of fanfics to satiate my famishedness for something more. Good times..
david-kun

Postby Chrystal » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:13 pm

david-kun wrote:
Same here actually.. oddly. I remember right after 167 my relationship with the series was still (until final chapter) unrequited so I tended to pour over a lot of fanfics to satiate my famishedness for something more. Good times..

I decided to reread some of My Unwilling Mate. It's not bad. It's a decent story with a few sentence issues, but good.

Recently I've been diving into reading and writing fanfiction now. I can't suppress my otaku-ness.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Chrystal wrote:I decided to reread some of My Unwilling Mate. It's not bad. It's a decent story with a few sentence issues, but good.

Maybe I should too now... *ponders*

Chrystal wrote:Recently I've been diving into reading and writing fanfiction now. I can't suppress my otaku-ness.

AWWWWWWWWW 0-0!
david-kun

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 am

I've been considering writing my own fan fiction for quite some time now as well, but I suppose I never get around to it somehow. I know I just need to sit down one day and try it out. To see if I'm any good, y'know? *shrug*
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 am

Alex wrote:I've been considering writing my own fan fiction for quite some time now as well, but I suppose I never get around to it somehow. I know I just need to sit down one day and try it out. To see if I'm any good, y'know? *shrug*

I always found it a struggle to start as well, but I've been managing around setting goals for myself. Publishing at least 1 chap per week.

I think once you just sit down and write a rough draft of the plots you're thinking it helps in getting started. Then just go back and work on descriptions/dialog. I've been doing fine just playing out the scene in your mind.

I find other stories and music inspires me a lot as I'm thinking about how I want to play out things.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:09 am

Yeah, I'm actually pretty good at writing actual dialogue I'd think, but I'm really slow/awful at describing the scenes/setup of it all, which is something I'm trying to work on.
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:31 am

Alex wrote:Yeah, I'm actually pretty good at writing actual dialogue I'd think, but I'm really slow/awful at describing the scenes/setup of it all, which is something I'm trying to work on.

Well I'm not a writing genius, but I'm happy to looking over anything you got and give you any tips.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:29 am

Ha, the otaku-ness is running wild in this thread. I love it.
david-kun

Next

Return to InuYasha Literature