Ghost Hunt

You know, I pronounce it "mang-gah". Yeah, I'm one of those.

Ghost Hunt

Postby Gina » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:54 am

Hands down my favorite manga. The show was pretty similar, but I read the manga first and therefore prefer it to the anime. Not only was the story and character development compelling, but it was actually a bit scary. Highly recommend it if you like that sort of thing. Fruit's Basket is also a favorite.
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ghost Hunt

Postby Chrystal » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Gina wrote:Hands down my favorite manga. The show was pretty similar, but I read the manga first and therefore prefer it to the anime. Not only was the story and character development compelling, but it was actually a bit scary. Highly recommend it if you like that sort of thing. Fruit's Basket is also a favorite.

I haven't heard of it before. It's scary? -hides- Idk if I can deal with scary. lol
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gina » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Chrystal wrote:
Gina wrote:Hands down my favorite manga. The show was pretty similar, but I read the manga first and therefore prefer it to the anime. Not only was the story and character development compelling, but it was actually a bit scary. Highly recommend it if you like that sort of thing. Fruit's Basket is also a favorite.

I haven't heard of it before. It's scary? -hides- Idk if I can deal with scary. lol

There are lots of ghosts and such involved. So if that's not your cup of tea, stay away lol. Though I know you're not a manga fan, if you are interested in it, then I'd really recommend the anime.
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Gina wrote:There are lots of ghosts and such involved. So if that's not your cup of tea, stay away lol. Though I know you're not a manga fan, if you are interested in it, then I'd really recommend the anime.

I used to like scary things when I was younger. Now I can't stand to look at it lol. :'(
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Chrystal wrote:I used to like scary things when I was younger. Now I can't stand to look at it lol. :'(

Off-topic: You mean like Paranoia Agent? That show gave me nightmares. >.>;

On-topic: Never heard of the manga, though it does sound good. I'm usually into the supernatural areas like that.
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Alex wrote:Off-topic: You mean like Paranoia Agent? That show gave me nightmares. >.>;

Paranoia is one of my favorites. But I don't like really gory type things.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gina » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:27 am

Alex wrote:Off-topic: You mean like Paranoia Agent? That show gave me nightmares. >.>;

I wouldn't compare Ghost Hunt to Paranoia Agent. That one creeped me out way more than Ghost Hunt.

Chrystal wrote:Paranoia is one of my favorites. But I don't like really gory type things.

Ghost Hunt isn't gory, just ghost things.
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am

Gina wrote:

I wouldn't compare Ghost Hunt to Paranoia Agent. That one creeped me out way more than Ghost Hunt.

Chrystal wrote:Paranoia is one of my favorites. But I don't like really gory type things.

Ghost Hunt isn't gory, just ghost things.

Ooh, in that case it sounds pretty much right up my alley. Is it more or less like a Scooby-Doo mystery hunt thing? Give us a little description if you can. ^_~
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Gina » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:45 pm

Alex wrote:Ooh, in that case it sounds pretty much right up my alley. Is it more or less like a Scooby-Doo mystery hunt thing? Give us a little description if you can. ^_~

Not quite as silly as Scooby-Doo, but it's definitely a mystery and there are silly characters. There are parts that are pretty scary, but I think it's balanced well with humor. Here's a description from wiki:

Ghost Hunt follows the ghost hunting adventures of Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student, who becomes involved with the Shibuya Psychic Research Center (SPR) and its young manager, Kazuya Shibuya. Mai nicknames Kazuya Shibuya "Naru" because of his narcissistic attitude, and the nickname is generally adopted by all those who come to eventually work with SPR: a Buddhist monk, Houshou Takigawa; a shrine maiden, Ayako Matsuzaki; a famous psychic, Masako Hara; and Catholic Priest, John Brown.

Ghost Hunt also explores the paranormal abilities of the characters, particularly focusing on Mai's "latent psychic abilities," demonstrated by her dreaming about information relevant to their cases. She is often joined in her dreams by someone who she assumes to be Naru acting as a spirit guide, but whom is later revealed to be someone quite unexpected.

^This second paragraph here sort of has spoilers, but nothing really big, so highlight and read if you don't mind small spoilers.
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:09 am

Gina wrote:Not quite as silly as Scooby-Doo, but it's definitely a mystery and there are silly characters. There are parts that are pretty scary, but I think it's balanced well with humor. Here's a description from wiki:

Ghost Hunt follows the ghost hunting adventures of Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student, who becomes involved with the Shibuya Psychic Research Center (SPR) and its young manager, Kazuya Shibuya. Mai nicknames Kazuya Shibuya "Naru" because of his narcissistic attitude, and the nickname is generally adopted by all those who come to eventually work with SPR: a Buddhist monk, Houshou Takigawa; a shrine maiden, Ayako Matsuzaki; a famous psychic, Masako Hara; and Catholic Priest, John Brown.

Ghost Hunt also explores the paranormal abilities of the characters, particularly focusing on Mai's "latent psychic abilities," demonstrated by her dreaming about information relevant to their cases. She is often joined in her dreams by someone who she assumes to be Naru acting as a spirit guide, but whom is later revealed to be someone quite unexpected.

^This second paragraph here sort of has spoilers, but nothing really big, so highlight and read if you don't mind small spoilers.

Ah, thanks! This definately sounds like something I'll be interested in. I'm assuming I can easily find it on AFTV Network or something, so I'm going to put it on my "To Watch" list of animés. lol
Alex

Return to Favorite Manga