Bleach

You know, I pronounce it "mang-gah". Yeah, I'm one of those.

Bleach

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:01 am

I love Bleach's story most of all, it immerses me better than any (shonen) I have ever read thus far. Character development is good, art style is sexy, and I like the whole overall theme and way things unfold the way they do about the world in Bleach. I'd recommend it to anyone into Shonen/Fantasy manga. Would read again A++
david-kun

Re: Bleach

Postby Chrystal » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:11 pm

david-kun wrote:I love Bleach's story most of all, it immerses me better than any (shonen) I have ever read thus far. Character development is good, art style is sexy, and I like the whole overall theme and way things unfold the way they do about the world in Bleach. I'd recommend it to anyone into Shonen/Fantasy manga. Would read again A++

I'm too lazy to read manga, but maybe someday. I bet I would look cool leaning against the wall of the bus stop as one of the only college students who reads manga in public.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Chrystal wrote:I'm too lazy to read manga, but maybe someday. I bet I would look cool leaning against the wall of the bus stop as one of the only college students who reads manga in public.

To be honest anime was the first I was introduced to out of all the types of Japanese media. InuYasha for example, my first anime. It got me hooked, and for years I was preferential to anime. As we all know anime based off of manga will be given precedence second to the manga. So sometimes I tended to get impatient and end up reading the latest manga chapter. Eventually I fell out of touch with the animes since I actually preferred the black & white still images. One was because I knew it was the intended medium for viewing the story line in all of its unbridled glory. Second there are no fillers. Third I was always on top of the story past wherever the anime may be. And lastly it was more condensed, so fight scenes weren't all posing or taking a couple episodes to fight.

So if a fight scene was going on in one chapter, by god it'd be a fight. No extended periods of waiting or attacking. I like to think animes incorporate what I call filler content (rather than just a whole episode of filler non-canon) in with regular episodes. It helps make it last longer because even if the anime never had filler episodes being as tight as a manga (like an episode for every manga chapter or even a few manga chapters per episode) would make it really short overall.
david-kun

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:07 am

I sound like a broken record, I know, but again, it's why I've fell in love with The Final Act so much I think. I personally find that they did a phenominal job with even the action scenes and fights, moving it all along swiftly but realistically. And all the while, they never made it seem like they weren't explaining enough. InuYasha has always done a good job in that department. 'Final Act' or otherwise. lol
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:32 am

david-kun wrote: It helps make it last longer because even if the anime never had filler episodes being as tight as a manga (like an episode for every manga chapter or even a few manga chapters per episode) would make it really short overall.

Aye. Well it's just how it goes. It will always seems to end up that way comparing manga to anime. Goal of TV is to make it stretch out/more pay per episode. Least I assume.

Alex wrote:I sound like a broken record, I know, but again, it's why I've fell in love with The Final Act so much I think. I personally find that they did a phenominal job with even the action scenes and fights, moving it all along swiftly but realistically. And all the while, they never made it seem like they weren't explaining enough. InuYasha has always done a good job in that department. 'Final Act' or otherwise. lol

Humm I see.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:26 am

Chrystal wrote:Humm I see.

You do?
david-kun