testing video embeddings

I'm too lazy to think of more topics. Don't look at me that way.

Re: testing video embeddings

Postby Alex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:52 am

Chrystal wrote:Like I mentioned in the other post, It's not AMVs I'm concerned about or removing. It's featuring short clips. Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQzqZvu8F4U

Yeah, I get what you mean now. For some reason or another, I thought you were talking about your AMVs. lol

Sorries.

But just a question: what are you planning to feature? I mean, is there anything specific about the clips you want or would they just all be random?
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:53 am

Alex wrote:But just a question: what are you planning to feature? I mean, is there anything specific about the clips you want or would they just all be random?

Clips I find amusing.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:06 am

Chrystal wrote:Clips I find amusing.

So you're just planning to embed them from your YouTube channel, and post them on here somewhere? YouTube won't take them down as long as they're unsearchable?

*doesn't know exactly how YouTube works with regards to taking things down*
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:13 am

Alex wrote:So you're just planning to embed them from your YouTube channel, and post them on here somewhere? YouTube won't take them down as long as they're unsearchable?

*doesn't know exactly how YouTube works with regards to taking things down*

It wont be public clips. It's private/only viewable if you know the url. That should be fine.

I'd just make a forum section for clips.

But on that note, if you youtube "inuyasha clips" a bunch of stuff comes up that's even 4 years old so.... I maybe just worrying for nothing. <_< but idk.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:21 am

Chrystal wrote:It wont be public clips. It's private/only viewable if you know the url. That should be fine.

I'd just make a forum section for clips.

But on that note, if you youtube "inuyasha clips" a bunch of stuff comes up that's even 4 years old so.... I maybe just worrying for nothing. <_< but idk.

I suppose if you're really worried about it, you could always just upload the clips directly onto your own domain. I don't think it should be too massive of space used, since they're short and as long as you don't wind up doing thousands.

It'd give you a reason to better do without woes of YouTube's stingyness I guess. *shrug*
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:24 am

Alex wrote:I suppose if you're really worried about it, you could always just upload the clips directly onto your own domain. I don't think it should be too massive of space used, since they're short and as long as you don't wind up doing thousands.

It'd give you a reason to better do without woes of YouTube's stingyness I guess. *shrug*

Then I'd have to fiddle around with having to embed it w/out the help of youtube/fb and have to convert all the video files. I'm so annoyed with flash from my last class, I just don't even want to touch it. -_-

Just privately uploading into youtube is fine with me.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Random