Spammer Bots

Because we like to say things loudly.

Spammer Bots

Postby Chrystal » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Yeah, no matter what security implications I try to use they still slip by. It's pretty obvious to tell if a post is made by a bot (inappropriate/links).

Just, don't bother to look at or reply. I try to check everyday to remove/ban them.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spammer Bots

Postby Alex » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:27 am

I'll be sure to keep my eyeballs in my sockets. xD

I'm wondering if there's any kind of new mods phpBB has. I'll have to check if there is anything. I know they had redone their entire database a few years back, so I'm not sure what they have anymore. I know it's extra work on your part, but it may actually be worth it in the long-run. I'm not sure what attracts them really, but I've seen what it's done with another IY forum on the web that's quite popular (I'm sure you know of Inuyasha Fan). Their forum is riddled with spam botters as well, and since there's no new mod and the admins are all gone, just stays there. lol

Luckily you aren't MIA though. Just wondering if there's something that might help.
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 am

Alex wrote:I'll be sure to keep my eyeballs in my sockets. xD

I'm wondering if there's any kind of new mods phpBB has. I'll have to check if there is anything. I know they had redone their entire database a few years back, so I'm not sure what they have anymore. I know it's extra work on your part, but it may actually be worth it in the long-run. I'm not sure what attracts them really, but I've seen what it's done with another IY forum on the web that's quite popular (I'm sure you know of Inuyasha Fan). Their forum is riddled with spam botters as well, and since there's no new mod and the admins are all gone, just stays there. lol

Luckily you aren't MIA though. Just wondering if there's something that might help.

Only thing I could try and install is more graphic-image capatcha things, which could be already "hacked" or w/e by botters. Bots are able to read them already thats installed right now....as well as having to register via being e-mailed. Clever bastard bots.
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Take a look at this, I think it'll really, REALLY help you if you give it a try: [link]

It's essentially 10x better than a simple CAPTCHA.

I have Akismet on my BellaBook (guestbook). So far I've yet to see ONE spammer/botter get through. I'm very confident it'll work here for you as well, if you get it to work.

They say that they're unsure if it'll work with phpBB 3.0, but you can always try I guess. I'm not sure what version this is, but I assume it's 3.0.
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby david-kun » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:40 am

Oh, you got me.
david-kun

Postby Chrystal » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Alex wrote:Take a look at this, I think it'll really, REALLY help you if you give it a try: [link]

It's essentially 10x better than a simple CAPTCHA.

I have Akismet on my BellaBook (guestbook). So far I've yet to see ONE spammer/botter get through. I'm very confident it'll work here for you as well, if you get it to work.

They say that they're unsure if it'll work with phpBB 3.0, but you can always try I guess. I'm not sure what version this is, but I assume it's 3.0.

I'll try and look into it if I find the time to tweak the forum.

david-kun wrote:Oh, you got me.

SPAMMER BOT
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:36 am

Chrystal wrote:
david-kun wrote:Oh, you got me.

SPAMMER BOT

Can we say, 'Naruto thumbs up?' :P
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:10 am

Alex wrote:Can we say, 'Naruto thumbs up?' :P

ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby david-kun » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:58 am

Alex wrote:Can we say, 'Naruto thumbs up?' :P

wut?
david-kun

Postby david-kun » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:30 am

This is ironic. IN THE VERY THREAD THAT SEEKS TO DESTROY THEM?! A GUTSY MOVE SPAMBOT
david-kun

Next

Return to Announcements