School....sigh.

School is a four letter word.

School....sigh.

Postby Chrystal » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:38 am

I have about only a week left of freedom. I don't want to go back -cries-. Even though it will be my last semester (hopefully-- Unless they find some random class I need to take...or if the world really hates me).

I don't think it will be that bad since I only have two official classes, however, I have this "senior exit review" thing I have to create my final portfolio for. Guy in charge of it is the husband of one of my teachers who I really hate...so...

It's probably going to be terrible experience, but I guess I wont really know until I meet the classes.

Sigh.
ですですです
http://vgcats.com
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: School....sigh.

Postby Alex » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:12 pm

I can't believe it's that time of year again (for most folks). It seems like the summer just flew by, even for me. I'm sure you'll do alright this upcoming year. Just keep saying to yourself: 'It's my last year, then I'm FREE!!111!!11!' And before you know it, you'll be done. ^__^

Chrystal wrote:I don't think it will be that bad since I only have two official classes
What electives are you taking? C:

Chrystal wrote:Guy in charge of it is the husband of one of my teachers who I really hate...so...
Erm...? Why is the husband of one of your teachers in charge of it? Unless they work at your college as well? Is it like a part of their administration offices or something for him not to be a teacher?
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Alex wrote:What electives are you taking? C:

Erm...? Why is the husband of one of your teachers in charge of it? Unless they work at your college as well? Is it like a part of their administration offices or something for him not to be a teacher?

I'm taking editorial illustration and digital photography. Also senior exit review which is like a meeting once a month to look at my old work and throw it in a portfolio, which is with her husband. He's a teacher of the same department as is she. It's all very unfortunate...
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:28 am

Chrystal wrote:I'm taking editorial illustration and digital photography. Also senior exit review which is like a meeting once a month to look at my old work and throw it in a portfolio, which is with her husband. He's a teacher of the same department as is she. It's all very unfortunate...
Ah, sorry to hear. T_T

Is your old work from past years, or is just going to be past work of this year's?
"Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind; and the people that mind don't matter."
Alex

Postby Chrystal » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Alex wrote:Is your old work from past years, or is just going to be past work of this year's?

All work I've done since I've been in college and any 'professional' work I've done. Basically I have to go into my deep catalog of old files and organize them. I can tell you that each work i've done needs to be re-edited again. That will take a lot of time as well.

:'(
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gina » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Yes I always hated that time of year when new semester was about to begin. I'm glad I got a small break from summer school before fall starts. At least you'll be done soon, and maybe horrible teacher's husband will be the opposite. I always laugh at myself for getting too worked up about something before I really know what it's going to be like, but obviously it's impossible to keep away that kind of anxiety. At least you can be sure that this semester will be better than your last semester was. Also, we can play lbp and blow things up to relieve our school woes.
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 am

Gina wrote:Yes I always hated that time of year when new semester was about to begin. I'm glad I got a small break from summer school before fall starts. At least you'll be done soon, and maybe horrible teacher's husband will be the opposite. I always laugh at myself for getting too worked up about something before I really know what it's going to be like, but obviously it's impossible to keep away that kind of anxiety. At least you can be sure that this semester will be better than your last semester was. Also, we can play lbp and blow things up to relieve our school woes.

From what I heard about one of the classes he teaches, he's as just as much as a hard ass as she is apparently... So I am preparing for the worst. Bright side is that it's a once a month meeting (apparently). At least this is the last semester, but I also worry something will go wrong and I'll have to retake something.

-inhales in a bag-
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gina » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 am

Chrystal wrote:From what I heard about one of the classes he teaches, he's as just as much as a hard ass as she is apparently... So I am preparing for the worst. Bright side is that it's a once a month meeting (apparently). At least this is the last semester, but I also worry something will go wrong and I'll have to retake something.

-inhales in a bag-

-Gives you pocky-
Lend me your wings, bird. I'll spread them and fly on the thermals
Gina
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chrystal » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 am

Gina wrote:-Gives you pocky-

<333
ですですです
Chrystal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 am

Chrystal wrote:All work I've done since I've been in college and any 'professional' work I've done. Basically I have to go into my deep catalog of old files and organize them. I can tell you that each work i've done needs to be re-edited again. That will take a lot of time as well.

:'(
This means you may have to dig up past projects that were not always graded or worked through the best? Will that blemish your new portfolio thing? If so, that's a dumb way to incorporate that entire thing on their behalf. Who'd want to bring up past projects that may not have been to their liking (or for that matter, not the best grades?) Unless they don't count scores...
Alex

Next

Return to School